In response to the current COVID-19 situation, the remit of this service is temporarily being extended to offer non-clinical telephone support to all patients (cancer and non-cancer).
The Macmillan Cancer Wellbeing Coordinator can help in the following areas:
- A listening ear to support individuals with love mood or anxiety
- Reassurance for normalise anxious feelings around COVID-19 and to reinforce the NHS advice
- Signposting to alternative telephone support lines and websites for further advice and ‘information on a range of health issues’.
- Help to find online support groups relating to specific health issues
- Signposting to support lines and websites for financial and benefits advice
- Signposting to websites for ideas on lifestyle such as diet and exercise